I had planned to make these earlier in the week, but Luc wasn’t overly excited about baking with me, so Hudson and I made these cookies this afternoon while Luc napped. Hudson has always loved baking with me and now that he can eat chocolate he was more excited than ever to assist.
These cookies are the perfect way to use up leftover Halloween candy, unless you managed to eat it all already. 😉 I always buy a bag really early, feeling accomplished for being on top of things, then it disappears before Halloween night and I have to buy more at the last minute. I also always end up with tons of leftovers on top of the candy the kids collect, which up until this year, they couldn’t even eat. So after I gather up a large bag to donate to a local dentist’s office who sends the candy to Operation Gratitude, I bake up a batch of Picky Palate’s Candy Bar Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches, or as I like to call them Candy Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies. In my opinion, these are the best way to eat candy! 🙂 She uses reeses, kitkats and snickers, but because Hudson could eat the cookies this time I didn’t make any with nuts. Instead we used twix, milky way, and kitkats, but I’m sure any candy would be delicious.
Candy Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Delicious cookie recipe from Picky-Palate using leftover Halloween candy.
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 ounce bag of chocolate chips
- Variety of mini candies
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- In a stand or electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until well combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Place flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl; mix then slowly add to wet ingredients.
- Add chocolate chips to combine.
- Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of snack size candy bar. Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of candy bar. seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until candy is enclosed with dough.
- Place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until cookies are baked to your liking.
- Let col for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.